CCIA members rely on the association for educational programs to stay up-to-date, and ahead of the curve, on federal and state rules and requirements affecting the construction industry. As new courses and programs are offered, their registration forms will be available on this page and published on our calendar.
Training Programs Available to Members:
Safety Courses and Programs:
- CPR/First Aid & Re-certification: Heartsaver CPR, First Aid & AED is a course designed for those who have a duty to respond to a first aid or cardiac emergency because of job responsibilities or regulatory requirements. The program instructor is Lou Brockett, President/Owner of A Second Chance, CPR & First Aid Training, LLC. 2021 course will be announced soon.
- OSHA 30-Hour Construction Safety Training: A comprehensive safety program designed for anyone involved in the construction industry. Specifically devised for safety directors, foreman, and field supervisors. The program provides complete information on OSHA compliance issues. 2021 course will be announced soon.
- THE CCIA-OSHA-CONNOSHA Joint Safety Conference: Tues., Sept. 14, 2021, 7:30 am to 1:00 pm at the Aqua Turf, Plantsville. Face masks will be required to be worn at this event, which will feature presentations on: Diversity & Inclusion; Determining Reasonable Suspicion; Workplace Violence; COVID-19: What Did We Learn? Register online: The program is free and includes continental breakfast and lunch. Thank you to Program Sponsors: Bartlett Brainard Eacott, Bay Crane; Manafort Brothers, and Turner Construction.
- Safety Roundtables and Committee Meetings (monthly).
- OSHA- CCIA ConnOSHA Annual Safety Alliance Conference, September, date to be determined.
Supervisory Training Program [STP]: Developed, updated, and field-tested by and for contractors
- Unit 3: Planning and Scheduling on Wednesday evenings, Feb. 17, 24, Mar. 3, 10. 17, 2021 from 5:00 to 8:30 p.m. This AGC of America course, which will be conducted remotely via Webex, will help construction supervisors understand ways in which planning and scheduling saves time and money, while increasing quality in the construction process. Online registration is available.
AGC's Lean Construction Education Program
- Lean Unit 1: Variation in Production Systems: Tuesday, March 23, Thursday, March 25, Tuesday March 30, 2021 | Noon - 3:00 pm
- Lean Unit 2: Pull in Production: Tuesday, March 23, Thursday, March 25, Tuesday March 30, 2021 | Noon - 3:00 pm
- Lean Unit 3 & 4: Work Structuring (Unit 3) and The Last Planner System (Unit 4): Thursday, April 1, Tuesday April 6, Thursday, April 8, 2021 | Noon - 3:00 pm
- Lean Unit 5: Lean Supply Chain & Assembly: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 | Noon - 3:00 pm
- Lean Unit 6: Lean Design and Pre-Construction: Tuesday, April 27, Thursday, April 29 | Noon - 3:00 pm
- Lean Unit 7: Problem-Solving Principles and Tools: Tuesday, May 4, Thursday, May 6, 2021 | Noon - 3:00 pm
- Exam Preparation: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 | Noon - 3:00 pm
Read the course descriptions and register online. Two Course Registration Options:A) Register for Units 1-4 or B) Register for Units 1-7. Questions, email John Wilhelm at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see the CRMCA website for the ACI Schedule. Scroll to Programs and Courses section on the website.
- CCIA Ethics and Compliance Summit: Annually, CCIA schedules an Ethics and Compliance Summit featuring timely and important topics. [Reference 2020 Virtual Summit Series].
- Young Contractor’s Forum: provides construction professionals under the age of forty a foundation rooted in excellence, through educational programs and experiences. Learn more.
Visit our calendar for up to date information or contact us with questions.