About Connecticut Road Builders Association
CRBA members include contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers, consulting engineers, and professional service providers operating in the heavy and highway construction industries. CRBA:
- Advocates for its members' interests at the federal and state levels. It represents member interests on national issues at meetings with Connecticut’s Congressional Delegation and on local issues with the State Legislature and Governor’s office.
- Is the Connecticut Chapter of the American Road and Transportation Builders Association, the national trade association for the transportation construction industry.
- Works directly with the Connecticut Department of Transportation on all areas of interest to its members.
Meetings and Events
CRBA members meet throughout the year at various events, meetings, and industry recognition programs. Highlights of activities include:
- CRBA, CRMCA and CEUCA Annual Joint Forces Luncheon: The Connecticut Road Builders Association, the Connecticut Ready Mixed Concrete Association, and Connecticut Environmental & Utility Contractors Association get together every spring for a fundraiser to support a worthy veterans case. Donations have been made to Purple Heart Homes, CT State Veterans Memorial Project, Fischer House Connecticut, Coast Guard Academy, UConn Entrepreneurial Boot Camp for Veterans, Homes for the Brave and to SEAL RDAC program. In lieu of the 2020 event, the construction industry steps out for Homes for the Brave. Many thanks for those who donated or participated for a worthy cause!
- CRBA Annual Fall Meeting: The meeting includes a special guest presentation along with the presentation of the Arthur Gruhn Excellence in Construction Awards, a joint program with the Connecticut Department of Transportation. Save the date: November 3, 2021, at the Aqua Turf Club for this year's meeting.
- CCIA Annual Meeting: At this industry favorite, many members of the CCIA organization attend to recognize the Safety and Community Service awards winners. Save the Date for Wednesday, December 1, 2021, at the Aqua Turf Club.
Visit our calendar for up to date information.
The Arthur Gruhn Excellence in Construction Awards competition began in 2008 as a joint program between ConnDOT and the Industry to showcase the high quality of projects delivered for the public benefit in Connecticut.
- 2020 ARTHUR GRUHN EXCELLENCE in Construction Award winners were honored at the virtual ConnDOT-CRBA Quarterly Meeting on Dec. 4, 2020. Congratulations to: Mohawk Northeast, Inc.; Tilcon Connecticut, Inc.; O&G Industries, Inc.; Empire Paving Inc.; ROTHA Contracting Company, Inc.; and to Connecticut Department of Transportation and Connecticut Airport Authority. Please follow this link for a list of the award-winning projects.
- 2019 ARTHUR GRUHN EXCELLENCE in Construction Award winners: To learn more about the projects, read this article and check out the photos!
Links of Interest
Connecticut Department of Transportation (CONNDOT)
Jeffrey Lower, Loureiro Contractors
1st Vice President
John M. Brunalli, The Brunalli Construction Company
2nd Vice President
Peter Arborio, Arborio Corporation
John Gemetro, O&G Industries